Hello ICB parents and fans,
We are asking for your help in seeing that we have another wonderfully successful Community Basketball season. The ICB Board of Directors appreciates your support in seeing that players, parents and fans show respect to each other and especially the officials. As parents and fans we are role models to the players. We have an obligation to teach and maintain good sportsmanship. We ask that you help encourage your children to respect their teammates, the other coaches, opponents, the cheerleaders and officials. Please respect the judgment of the referees even if you disagree with their calls. Showing respect will set a positive example to everyone.
You can set positive examples by:
- Maintaining enthusiasm and composure remembering that players look to you for encouragement.
- Encouraging other parents and fans to be respectful and enjoy the game with positive cheering.
- Refraining from gestures which indicate a referee or opposing coach doesn't know what he or she is doing or talking about.
- Thanking coaches, players, and officials after a win or a loss.
- Please encourage good sportsmanship by your own example.
Encourage your child to:
- Play by the rules
- Respect the officials
- Each player should go up to the officials and thank them after every game
- Treat the opposing teams with respect
- React properly to fans
- Cheer positively
- Handle winning and losing in a respectful manner
- Display good sportsmanship at all times
- Most of all....Have fun!
We also ask for your help in seeing that trash is picked up from the bleachers at the end of the games. The generosity of the Merrimack Valley School System allows us to utilize the gyms at no cost to the league as long as we keep them clean. Your assistance in this matter will be most appreciated.
ICB Board of Directors